xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Henry Zongaro <zong...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Fomatting question serializing DOM with pretty-print
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:02:50 GMT
Hello

Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2007-07-05 07:31:39 PM:
> Not having a line seperator after the XML header was intentional,
> regardless of any pretty-print.  We don't know if the output XML is
going
> to be used later on as a general parsed entity, so we take the safe
route
> and don't add the extra whitespace after the xml header (I'm sure Henry
> will remember this decision from a few years ago).

Yes, I remember.  I'm sorry I was forgetting about the case of external
general parsed entities when I suggested that it was a bug that there was
no whitespace inserted between the xml/text declaration and the first
element.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      XSLT Processors Development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com