xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <Eric.Schwarzenb...@wrycan.com>
Subject Re: Xalan3 XSLT 2.0 XPath 2.0 support?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:05:41 GMT
My company also is moving toward switching to Saxon, even if only the
free version, for XSLT 2.0 support, as well as expected performance
gains (though whether the free, open-source Saxon-B also out-performs
Xalan, as the commercial Saxon-SA seems to, is not clear to me;
certainly comments from Xalan folk on that matter would be of interest).

I must say lack of even any public statement of intentions in the web
site, with regard to XSLT 2.0, as well as the 6 month silence between
the delay of the intended 2.71 version and the next mention of it, has
made us wonder seriously about the future of Xalan. I don't say this to
be critical of the folks generously giving their time to this project,
but just to point out what appearances may be saying (correctly or
incorrectly) to people assessing the competitiveness of the the XSLT
products out there.

Eric Schwarzenbach