xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malo...@knipp.de>
Subject Re: Xalan3 XSLT 2.0 XPath 2.0 support?
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:33:56 GMT
Henry Zongaro wrote:

> Feel free to respond either on the mailing list or to me directly, in
> private.  I'll summarize the results of this informal polling in a week
> or so.

Although I haven't used XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0 yet, I would greatly like to see
Xalan supporting this. I have done numerous projects using XSLT and hit several
times the limitations of 1.0 -- be it due to the very limited string
functionality or to the inability to reprocess result tree fragments. This often
resulted in highly inefficient, recursive and tricky code or even in splitting
of the processing into multiple steps. Looking into the 2.0 specs, it seems that
I could solve a lot of my previous problems in a quite comfortable way. Also, I
think that Sun has to move to 2.0 for the JDK at some point in time, and it
would be quite sad if they had to choose a different implementation.

Regards,

Klaus