xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew L. Avizinis" <...@gleim.com>
Subject Re: Xalan3 XSLT 2.0 XPath 2.0 support?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:31:25 GMT
my 2ยข worth:
I for one would like to see this.  I've played around with Saxon and
find that xslt2 is easier to write, read, and maintain.  I've been
thinking about switching a project I've been working on where I work to
Saxon for this reason (among others), but I'd miss the nice
extensibility that Xalan has with its scriptable Java/Javascript (makes
it nice to include processor extension functions right in a stylesheet)
and its exslt support.
Unfortunately, wouldn't be able to contribute much other than reporting
potential bugs when encountered.
Matthew L. Avizinis
Gleim Publications, Inc.