xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From laxman <lchandramo...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem evaluating xpath with muliple prefix with different namespace
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:41:01 GMT

Hi,

   I have been trying run XSL tranformation for elements defined in multiple
schema and each having its prefix and namespace. My xsl looks like this

<xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="postLiveBuyRequest/buytypes:liveBuy/buytypes:category">
       <xsl:call-template name="setCategory">
          <xsl:with-param name="cat"

select="postLiveBuyRequest/buytypes:liveBuy/buytypes:category/mod:catName"/>
       </xsl:call-template>
   </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

the namespace for buytypes and mod are
    xmlns:buytypes="http://ws.fedbid.com/2007/06/buyservice"
    xmlns:mod="http://ws.fedbid.com/2007/06/model"
defined in the xsl.

<xsl:template name="setCategory">
   <xsl:param name="cat"/>
   <xsl:element name="buybiz:b2bCatName" namespace="{$bizServiceNameSpace}">
        <xsl:value-of select="$cat" />
   </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

the problem here is that in am not getting the value in b2bCatName. Has it
got something to do with the xalan implementation of namespacecontext.

the funny thing to note is that if i call apply-template and pass upto
postLiveBuyRequest/buytypes:liveBuy/buytypes:category then I am able to
access the elements using

<xsl:value-of select="mod:catName"/> with category in the current context.

In my view the first method should work fine also. The problem with the
first method in my view is that xalan is not able to evaluate multiple
prefixes.

Any help regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks