xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Henry Zongaro <zong...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Xalan and jstl 1.1 problem with transform tag
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:50:12 GMT
Hi, Valeria.

There's something fishy about the error message in your note.

> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl could not be instantiated:
> java.lang.InstantiationException:
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl

That message would ordinarily be reported when the
TransformerFactory.newInstance() method fails to create an instance of the
TransformerFactory implementation class, but in this case it's reporting
the name of the Transformer implementation class instead.  Perhaps some
component is overriding the javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory system
property with this wrong value.  I know that probably doesn't help you
resolve the problem, but maybe we can narrow it down further.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      XSLT Processors Development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com