xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From David Ireland <da...@lshift.net>
Subject Trax, DTM, lazy DOM
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:30:02 GMT

I am supplying a transform with a DOM source. The DOM in the source is constructed lazily
by traversing objects in a database.

I know Xalan has a version of the DTM which accesses a DOM, so it seems like the transform
could lazily traverse the database. Sadly, this isn't whats happenning - the DOM gets serialized,
and rebuilt into another DTM. This is extemely innefficient.

It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get around this. I'd like still to be able to
use TRAX, but can't find where to invoke the transformer with a DTM either.

Cheers
David

--
  [][][] David Ireland  | Mob: +44 (0)79 7076 3599
    [][] LShift Ltd     | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060