xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Igor Hersht <ig...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Performance question.
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 15:58:40 GMT

We had some performance problems with RTF.
I just fixed one.
May be it could be good idea to try the latest CVS first?

Igor Hersht
XSLT Development
IBM Canada Ltd., 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7
Office D2-260, Phone (905)413-3240 ; FAX  (905)413-4839

             "Hall, Joe"
             <Joe.Hall@Avnet.c
                                       <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>
             05/10/2004 04:58                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Performance question.

I'm trying to cache portions of my results (RTFs) to improve the
performance of the overall transformation on subsequent calls.

I'm finding it is worse performance after the 1st transformation.  It takes
a tenth of a second longer to run my transformation after the 1st time.

Any idea to why it takes longer after the first pass?  Does it have to
validate the NodeList?

I'm doing:

         <xsl:if test="java:TestEXT.containsKey($KEY) != 'true'">
              <xsl:variable name="frag">
                   <xsl:call-template name="filter-row"/>
              </xsl:variable>
              <xsl:variable name="nothing"
select="java:TestEXT.setList($KEY, $frag)"/>
         </xsl:if>

         <xsl:copy-of select="java:TestEXT.getList($KEY)/*"/>
--- TestEXT.java ----
public class TestEXT
{
     private static Hashtable hash = new Hashtable();

     public static boolean containsKey(String key)
     {
          return hash.containsKey(key);
     }

     public static NodeList getList(String key)
     {
          return (NodeList) hash.get(key);
     }

     public static void setList(String key, NodeList list)
     {
          hash.put(key, list);
     }
}