xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Kesselman <kesh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: xslt layout
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 14:02:20 GMT

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "layout systems"... but it sounds
like you may asking about XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO), which is an XML
language that describes how information should be arranged on the
page/screen/whatever. You'd use XSLT to represent your document's contents
as an XSLFO document, then use an XSL-FO renderer such as FOP to convert
that into the displayed format.

If I've misunderstood the question, please clarify...

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk