xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Kesselman <kesh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: intermittent XALAN performance issue
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 16:39:51 GMT

Hm. The closest I've seen to that set of symptoms was when I had set the
JVM's maximum heap size much too large, with the result that the beast was
swapping itself to death rather than running GC and bringing itself back
down to a reasonable working set... or when we were reading a file from the
network and there were bandwidth problems on the wire.

I don't suppose you could run this under a performance analyser and
determine where the time is going...?

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk