xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From david_n_bert...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Parsing error with URL <A HREF="<xsl:value-of select = "/website/url" /> ">
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 15:52:00 GMT
> Thanks Joseph!
>
> I tried the following but still have error: any ideas??
>
> <P><A><xsl:attribute name="HREF" select="/website/url">Web Site
URL</A></P>

> file:///D:/URLParsingError/website.xsl; Line #5; Column #57; XSLT Error
>  (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
javax.xml.transform.Tr
> ansformerException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: "select"
attribute
>  is not allowed on the xsl:attribute element!

That error message seems pretty clear to me.  The value of the attribute
created by xsl:attribute comes from instantiating the content of the
element, not from a "select" attribute:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#creating-attributes

This is not really the appropriate list for general questions about XSLT.
You should subscribe to the Mulberry Technologies XSL list and post there.

Dave