xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Henry Zongaro <zong...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Disable DTD validation for Xalan_j 2.6.0
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 17:38:06 GMT
Hello,

Kerscaven Marc <mkerscaven@yahoo.fr> wrote on 2004-05-03 12:45:42 PM:
> I need to disable DTD validation for the java XSLT
> processor Xalan_j 2.6.0.
>
> I found a setValidating() for xerces but I can't find
> the method for Xalan.
>
> Have-you got a property for this example :
> TransformerFactory tFactory =
> TransformerFactory.newInstance();
> Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
> StreamSource("birds.xsl"));
> transformer.transform(new StreamSource("birds.xml"),
> new StreamResult(new FileOutputStream("birds.out")));

     Xalan-J doesn't provide any means of configuring the XML parser that
it uses to parse a StreamSource.  If you need to configure your XML
Parser, the right thing to do is to create an XMLReader, configure it the
way you would like, and use a SAXSource object to pass the XMLReader and
your InputSource to the Transformer.  For example,

import javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser;
import javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory;

import javax.xml.transform.Transformer;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXSource;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult;

import org.xml.sax.XMLReader;
import org.xml.sax.InputSource;

public class Birds {

  public static final void main(String[] args) {
    SAXParserFactory spf = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
    spf.setNamespaceAware(true);
    spf.setValidating(false);  // Turn off validation
    XMLReader rdr = spf.newSAXParser().getXMLReader();

    t.transform(new SAXSource(rdr, new InputSource("birds.xml")),
                new StreamResult("birds.out"));
  }
}

     I hope that helps.