xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject relative URI and importing stylesheets
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 22:09:59 GMT
Greetings, I'm using Xalan2.6 for XML transformation.
Some of my stylesheets need to import other style sheets.
I would like to use a relative URI so that I don't have to
change the value of the href attribute when I deploy to different
machines.

I've read the technical definition of <xsl:import .../> href attribute
here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#import

and am confused on how it calculates the base URI.

For example: Let's say I have an application directory
structure like so:

C:drive
|---B-dir
    |---C-dir
        |---A.xsl
        |---B.xsl

I want A.xsl to import B.xsl, so my A.xsl looks something like:

<xsl:stylesheet
   version="1.0">

<xsl:import href="B.xsl"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm getting an exeption:
Exception in startElement: Had IO Exception with stylesheet file: B.xsl

If I use the fully qualified URI to B.xsl,
<xsl:stylesheet
   version="1.0">

<xsl:import href="file:///c:/b/c/B.xsl"/>

it works, but I would like
to use a relative URI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

robert