xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Hall, Joe" <Joe.H...@Avnet.com>
Subject Performance question.
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 20:58:39 GMT
I'm trying to cache portions of my results (RTFs) to improve the performance of the overall
transformation on subsequent calls.

I'm finding it is worse performance after the 1st transformation.  It takes a tenth of a second
longer to run my transformation after the 1st time.

Any idea to why it takes longer after the first pass?  Does it have to validate the NodeList?

I'm doing:

         <xsl:if test="java:TestEXT.containsKey($KEY) != 'true'">
              <xsl:variable name="frag">
                   <xsl:call-template name="filter-row"/>
              </xsl:variable>
              <xsl:variable name="nothing" select="java:TestEXT.setList($KEY, $frag)"/>
         </xsl:if>

         <xsl:copy-of select="java:TestEXT.getList($KEY)/*"/>

--- TestEXT.java ----
public class TestEXT
{
     private static Hashtable hash = new Hashtable();

     public static boolean containsKey(String key)
     {
          return hash.containsKey(key);
     }

     public static NodeList getList(String key)
     {
          return (NodeList) hash.get(key);
     }

     public static void setList(String key, NodeList list)
     {
          hash.put(key, list);
     }
}