xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Ebert" <ceb...@pocketthis.com>
Subject RE: URIResolver
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 17:35:26 GMT

    Try setting the URIResolver on your factory before you generate the
Transformer.

Chris

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Robert van Loenhout [mailto:r.vanloenhout@greenvalley.nl]
	Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 08:26
	To: xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
	Subject: URIResolver

	Hi!

	I am using local xsl files to transform xml documents into html.
	I wanted to cache those xsl files, because they are
	used often in my application and usually stay the same.
	The xsl files also use xsl:import.

	I looked in the API documentation and found the setURIResolver
method for
	TransformerFactory and Transformer classes. So I made my own
URIResolver and
	used them in the setURIResolver.

	  URI xsl = new File(xslFile).toURI();
	  Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xsl.toString()));
	  CachingURIResolver resolver = new CachingURIResolver();
	  tFactory.setURIResolver(resolver);
	  transformer.setURIResolver(resolver);
	  transformer.transform(...

	Unfortunately the resolve method of my CachingURIResolver is
never called!
	The transformation is done normally.

	I am using Xerces-j_2_6_2 and Xalan-j_2_6_0.

	How can I get this to work correctly? Or is there an easier way
to accomplish my goals?

	Thanks for any help.
	Robert.