xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From John Gentilin <gent...@eyecatching.com>
Subject Re: Getting the context node list
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 18:52:30 GMT
Adrian,

Back in Jan. I was into this very same problem. Scott Boag pointed me
to a paper on Incremental XSLT which may be a help to you.

http://www.research.ibm.com/people/v/villard/Papiers/incXSLT.pdf

Now I don't know the answer to your problem but I wanted to point out
what may be another problem. If you change the DOM in the background,
the DTM will NOT update so the representation of you document to any
of the XPath expressions may not make sense.

There is a method call called getDOMBackPointer which will give you
a the real Element from the source document which also may be a help.

You may also want top make your Extension Function into an Extension Element
since the XSLProcessorContext will give you more access than the
ExpressionContext.

Hope that helps.
John G

--