xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From John Gentilin <gent...@eyecatching.com>
Subject Re: URIResolver
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 18:23:51 GMT

You know the URL resolver will only cache the XSL files that are included
through xsl:include / import. You are still not caching the main Transformer,
at least not in the code shown below. If you are caching the transformer
in the code below, I am not sure that is thread safe. You should be creating
Templates then asking the Templates to produce a Transformer.  There does not
seem to be much overhead for a Template to produce a Transformer.

Also the comment is correct, setting the resolver on the transformer is only
for resolving runtime references such as document(). xsl:include / import
are resolved when the Transformer/Templates is created so the resolver needs to
be set in the factory prior to creating the Transformer/template.

John G