xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Lagomasino, Adolfo (Adolfo)" <ado...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: intermittent XALAN performance issue
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 19:15:13 GMT
Each of these:
"ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'default'" daemon prio=5 tid=0x11dee0
nid=0x11 waiting on monitor [0xcfa81000..0xcfa819d8]
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:415)
        at
weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.waitForRequest(ExecuteThread.java:105)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:129)

means that there is a synchronized block of code that is waiting to be notified. In the meantime
the thread that is executing that code is doing nothing.

If plenty of threads are in this state (100s) this will slow down the system significantly.
Those threads are being spun by weblogic, but I don't know how or for what purpose.

Adolfo

-----Original Message-----
From: Holk, David A [mailto:david_a_holk@groton.pfizer.com]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 2:58 PM
To: 'xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: intermittent XALAN performance issue

Interesting.

I know this may be heading off-topic...

So it appears to you that threads 1,3,4 are hung? Because of the
Object.wait()? And from the trace it looks like these threads were spawned
by Weblogic?

Am I understanding this properly?

I apologize if these are dumb questions. I was unable to decipher the thread
dump and your insight is GREATLY appreciated.

Dave