xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Oleg Dulin" <o...@configurecode.com>
Subject RE: Using a precompiled translet from Java
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 20:20:09 GMT
I don't have a problem with the translet referring to xsltc processor
classes.

I just don't want to ship the XSL itself along with the translet.

Is it possible to do something like:

FooTranslet foo=new FooTranslet();
foo.transform(source, result);

?

Kind regards,
Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Hersht [mailto:igorh@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 3:40 PM
To: Oleg Dulin
Cc: xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Using a precompiled translet from Java

I am not sure I understood your question completely.
As far as I understand you want just take a compiled xsl file (translet).
and use it in your  application. It is not possible because the translet
has references
to XSLTC processor classes.The translet is just a binary representation of
the xsl file
which can be processed by the XSLTC.

Igor Hersht
XSLT Development
IBM Canada Ltd., 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7
Office D2-260, Phone (905)413-3240 ; FAX  (905)413-4839

             "Oleg Dulin"
             <oleg@configureco
             de.com>                                                    To
                                       Igor Hersht/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
             05/17/2004 02:42                                           cc
             PM                        <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Using a precompiled translet
                                       from Java

Ah, here is the problem.

I am not going to ship the XSL itself, only the classes.

In other words, Templates translet = tFactory.newTemplates(new
StreamSource(xslInURI)); will fail because xslInURI is nonexistent.

I need it to go directly to the class...

Any thoughts ?

Oleg