xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.Pericasgeert...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: create xsl programmatically using xalan API?
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 14:05:00 GMT
On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 09:21, Jeffrey Hau wrote:
> On 14 May 2004, at 14:16, Hall, Joe wrote:
>
> > Could you just use a StringBuffer containing xslt and pass it in as an
> > InputSource?
> sorry i think i didnt make myself clear.
>
> rather then creating an stylesheet, i mean constructing a stylesheet
> from scratch.

 I'm not sure I understand the difference. Could you elaborate?

> so i want to be able to create different templates and
> add them to a stylesheet dynamically depending on my program logic.

 You mean, add new templates dynamically *as* the transformation is
running? Or as the program constructing the stylesheet is running? If
the latter, I don't see why you cannot use any of the techniques already
proposed (using a DOM or a String). If the former, hmmm, I don't believe
the language is prepared to work that way, there are number constructs
that require some form of global preprocessing (template priorities,
imports, etc.) which will require you to recompile (or re-precompile
depending on the processor) every time you add new things. In any case,
I don't understand why you'd need to do such a thing.

-- Santiago