xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.Pericasgeert...@sun.com>
Subject Re: couple of questions
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 17:35:43 GMT
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 11:34, Fuller, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>    I've seen some questions in the archives, but no answers for this.
> I've got a transformation followed by a SAX parse in which I run a
> schema validation and do a few other things (the validation prevents me
> from using a SAXResult).

 Interesting, this issue is solved in the latest JAXP with the
introduction of Validators and ValidatorHandlers.

>  I think I could use the
> SAXTransformationFactory and XMLFilters to consolidate this operation,
> but I don't see a way to set parameters on the XSLT.

 On a TransformerHandler, you can call getTransformer() to set
parameters. I think this is what you're asking, but I'm not sure
XMLFilters will solve your problem.

> Is this
> unsupported in a SAXTransform?  I'm also assuming I could set schema
> validation on the second XMLFilter so that validation would occur at
> that point and not earlier.  Is this true?

 Hmmm, I think you're best bet would be to give JDK 1.5.0 beta a spin. I
believe you can solve your problems with TransformerHandlers and
ValidatorHandlers.

 Hope this helps.

-- Santiago