xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 15:59:41 GMT

Hi, Moore

There are two solutions. You can either give the fully qualified class name
in the absolute URI or use relative URI for the namespace. My best guess
about the implementation is that if you specify an absolute URI for the
namespace, it tries to get the class name from it. If it is a relative URI,
the implementation tries to get the class name from the attribute of
component element.

1.
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:javaMath="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java.lang.Math"
  xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
  extension-element-prefixes="javaMath"
  exclude-result-prefixes="lxslt">

2.
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:javaMath="java"
  xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
  extension-element-prefixes="javaMath"
  exclude-result-prefixes="lxslt">

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

                      "Moore, Gavin"

                      <gavin.moore@iona        To:       Morris Kwan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

                      .com>                    cc:       <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>

                                               Subject:  RE: Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override

                      05/13/2003 11:14

                      AM

Hi Morris,
Thanks for getting back to me so fast.  That worked for that sample (I
should have worked that out myself!), however the original problem I was
having was trying to process the attached XSL (downloaded from IBM) into
SVG.  It's just a simple pie chart example.  However, when I try to process
this, I get a similar error:

D:\MyJava\Development\XML\XML_to_SVG>java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in
ibmpie.xml -xsl ibmpie.xsl -out ibmpie.svg

file:/D:/MyJava/Development/XML/XML_to_SVG/ibmpie.xsl; Line 169; Column -1;
XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: For extension function, could not find
method java.lang.Double.toRadians([ExpressionContext,] ).

Is there a similar simple solution for this?

Thanks again,
Gavin.