xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Morris Kwan" <mk...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 14:51:44 GMT
You need to compile IntDate.java  under the same directory and add this
directory to the CLASSPATH. You can just add it as "." if you run from this
dir.

> set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.
> javac IntDate.java

Morris Kwan
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-3729
Email: mkwan@ca.ibm.com

                      "Moore, Gavin"

                      <gavin.moore@iona        To:       <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override

                      13.05.2003 10:41

Hi,
I'm trying to get some  extensions working with Xalan and JDK1.4, and it
isn't working for me.  I'm  using one of the samples, 3-java-namespace, and
I get the message  below:

D:\xalan_2_5\xalan-j_2_5_0\samples\extensions>java
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in 3-java-namespace.xml  -xsl  3-java-n
amespace.xsl

file:///D:/xalan_2_5/xalan-j_2_5_0/samples/extensions/3-java-namespace.xsl;
Line #18; Column #60; XSLT Error (javax.xml.
transform.TransformerException):  javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  IntDate

I looked up the error and found  that it should be solved by adding
xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar to  the "endorsed" directory in
the the lib directory of JAVA_HOME of the JRE.   Incidentally, I had to
create the endorsed directory.  After I added the  jar files, it appears to
be looking for the correct version of Xalan, as I  checked it
with org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck and got the file  attached,
which shows the before and after adding the files.  However, I  still get
the same error when I try to process the xml.  Does anyone have  any other
way to do this?  I've also tried the Xbootclasspath option  mentioned at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CB,  but with similar lack
of success.

Thanks,
Gavin.

#### outFile.txt has been removed from this note on May 13 2003 by Morris
Kwan