xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Cam.Ford...@dictaphone.com
Subject Re: Error using DOCTYPE in a stylesheet
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 16:08:56 GMT

Marty,

Thanks. I am not sure that I understand your response. I should probably
have made clear that the I have all the mentioned XSL attributes and
elements in my stylesheet but did not include those since they didn't seem
to be the problem. I believe that it is legal to use a DOCTYPE definition
at the top of the stylesheet. It has worked with prior versions of Xalan.
Removing it from the stylesheet while using Xalan 2.5.0 removes the
problem.

Here is the initial part of my stylesheet

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
        <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">
        <!ENTITY mdash "&#8212;">
        ]>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl
="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
                xmlns:visit
="http://www.dictaphone.com/HSG/CLU/NLPR/BO/visit/2003-04-10"

<xsl:output
            method="html"
            encoding="UTF-8"
            indent="yes"
/>

thanks,

Cam

p.s. the link below is old. Did you mean
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTutorial/Output/example62_ch14.html

                    "Martin

                    Gainty"              To:     <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>, <Cam.Fordyce@dictaphone.com>

                    <mgainty@hotma       cc:

                    il.com>              Subject:     Re: Error using DOCTYPE in a stylesheet

                    05/16/2003

                    11:33 AM

The XSL you are using is missing required elements,attributes take a look
at
http://www.zvon.org/HTMLonly/XSLTutorial/Examples/Example62/exampleInOne.htm

to view examples of required and optional XSL attributes, elements as well
as examples of XML, required XSL and finally output HTML
Hth,
Martin