xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From krobe...@mmm.com
Subject RE: Is there a concept of reusing a Transformer instance?
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 15:15:30 GMT
Thanks for your response, Tim.

The wrapper was intended to encapsulate the transform object rather than
the template. I implemented a cache of templates, that will construct and
return and instance of the wrapper with an instance of the transform class,
so essentially the wrapper (StylesheetRoot) can perfrom the transform.

I was thinking of incorperating a clone or copy constructor; but then had
this problem with shared transformer references. Rather than doing that; it
looks like the way to go is to have the StylesheetRoot class wrap a
template rather than a transform, than have the copy and process functions
perform the newTemplates() function.

Thanks

Keith....