xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From krobe...@mmm.com
Subject Conditional assignment of tree frag to variable doesn't work.
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 23:58:55 GMT
This is probably a simple question; but I've tried several things and don't
seem to be getting anywhere with this issue. I cannot get the assignment to
the variable SelectFilterX to work.  I'm trying to get some old xalan-1
code to work in xalan 2.5.0.

<xsl:variable name="SelectFilterX">
      <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="$Filter
=$OSHProfile/default_filter/filter/field[1]">
          <xsl:apply-templates select="$OSHProfile/default_filter/filter"/>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise>
          <xsl:apply-templates select="$OSHProfile/quick_filters/*[field[1]
=$Filter]"/>
        </xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:variable>

    <xsl:copy-of select="$SelectFilterX"/>

This doesn't copy anything. I tried copying OSHProfile and it copied fine.
OSHProfile is set in Java as a document element.

Keith...