xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From krobe...@mmm.com
Subject Re: Conditional assignment of tree frag to variable doesn't work.
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 16:52:50 GMT

The assignment to NewVar2 copies the selected value; however NewVar3 copies
the 'Default value'. The conditional assignment doesn't work. I've tried it
with the when test evaluating to both true and false and neither one works.
There must be some xslt secret to making this work; but it seems to me that
this should work. This is either a bug or this is a quirky solution.

    <xsl:variable name="NewVar2" select="$OSHProfile/default_filter"/>

    <xsl:variable name="NewVar3">Default value</xsl:variable>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$Filter=normalize-space
($OSHProfile/default_filter/filter/field[1])">
         when test is true
        <xsl:variable name="NewVar3" select
="$OSHProfile/default_filter/filter"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
         when test is false
        <xsl:variable name="NewVar3" select
="$OSHProfile/quick_filters/*[field[1]=$Filter]"/>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>

    <xsl:copy-of select="$NewVar2"/>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$NewVar3"/>

                      "Eoin Breathnach"

                      <ebreathnach@www.eoinbrea       To:       kroberts@mmm.com

                      thnach.com>                       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org

                                                      cc:

                      05/08/2003 02:29 AM             Subject:  Re: Conditional assignment
of tree frag to variable doesn't work.

How do I get taken off this mailing list?

Regards,

Eoin