xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From david_mars...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Xalan Relaxes Rules?
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 16:29:52 GMT
>When I use XML Spy's internal built in XSLT engine, it comes up with a
>number of problems (e.g. xsl:template the template has a mode param but
>not a match, xsl:choose requires an xsl:when child).  However, when I
>set XML Spy to use Xalan, none of these errors are reported.

We have test cases to ensure that Xalan detects and reports those
errors, so XML Spy may be obscuring something. When you say "set XML Spy
to use Xalan" does that mean it uses whatever version you installed, or
does it invoke a version in its own bundle?

It's possible that some error-detection routines have been impacted by
other changes. If you think you have a case of an uncaught error when
XML Spy is out of the picture, please do a search in Bugzilla before
entering a new bug.
.................David Marston