xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Relative URI resolving with document() function
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 13:27:21 GMT

Hi, Chavdar

for document($stringval), if $stringval is a absolute URI, the URI
reference is returned. If the $stringval is a relative URI, the base URI of
the node in the stylesheet that contains the expression that includes the
call to the document function is used.
In your case, document("/dir3/dir4/source2.xml") uses a relative URI, so it
tries to use base URI from the calling stylesheet. The same as if calling
document("http://myserver.net/dir1/dir2/source2.xml").

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

                      "Chavdar

                      Stefanov"                To:       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org

                      <chavdars@hotmail        cc:

                      .com>                    Subject:  Relative URI resolving with document()
function

                      05/08/2003 08:34

                      AM

Hi all,

I have the following problem.
Let's say that I have the stylesheet "main.xsl" which includes the
stylesheet "secondary.xsl".
These stylesheets are located at base URL "http://myserver.net/dir1/dir2/".
I am transforming an XML "source1.xml" into HTML which is located at base
URL "http://myserver.net/dir3/dir4/".
The stylesheet secondary.xsl is using the document() function to import
another XML "source2.xml" for querying which have the same base URL
location
as "source1.xml".
Now comes the problem.
If I use a relative URL the "source2.xml" is not imported and if I use
absolute URL it works fine. But I need to use server relative URL.

How Xalan resolves relative URIs with teh document() function and is this a

bug or I am doing wrongly.

Here is a code snippet of how I am using the document() functioin:

<xsl:variable name="link_doc_xml">
<xsl:value-of select="concat('/dir3/dir4/', 'source2.xml')"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="inc_xml_root" select="document($link_doc_xml)"/>

I'am using Xalan 2.4.0 with Xerces 2.1.0

Thanks