xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Shelli D. Orton" <shelli.or...@wmode.com>
Subject RE: Xalan Relaxes Rules?
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 17:12:30 GMT

>>When you say "set XML Spy to use Xalan" does that mean it uses
>>whatever version you installed, or does it invoke a version in its own
bundle?

I set XML Spy to use Xalan by setting Tools|Options|XSL|External XSL
transformation program: where I specify a batch file that runs Xalan from a
jar file that I've specified (instead of setting Built-in XSLT engine).
It's not internal to XML Spy, but may be impacted by it.  When running Xalan
on the server, the transformation occurs without error using the same jar
file.  I'm not sure which version of Xalan is being used.  I've downloaded
Xalan-J 2.5, and XML Spy doesn't report any errors when using that jar file
either.  I'm not able to test that jar file on the server at this point.