xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From David Balch <david.ba...@continuing-education.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Newbie CLASSPATH issues
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 13:32:43 GMT
Ah, So simple!

Thanks to Andrew and Christine for explaining :-)

Cheers,
Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:AWelch@piper-group.com]
Sent: 09 May 2003 14:23
To: David Balch; xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Newbie CLASSPATH issues

> I cannot get the SimpleTransform sample to work - running "java
> SimpleTransform.java" gives the familiar "Exception in thread "main"

In java the source code must be compiled into java 'bytecode' to be run by
your systems Java Virtual Machine, so you need to compile
SimpleTransform.java first (using 'javac') into a .class file, then run that
by typing,

java SimpleTransform

If you're new to all this you might like to check out Xselerator, a really
good tool that makes it easy to perform transforms (Im not associated with
it in anyway, I just really like it :)

cheers
andrew

---