xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Vishwajit Pantvaidya" <pantvai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Newline problems
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 18:04:27 GMT
I am using xalan for xml to xml transformation. Input xml string
has some DOS carriage return and/or line feeds introduced by the source
application. The source xml string that I was trying to transform is like
(exactly as is, including newlines)

i.e. the newline was probably getting included in the value of the element
"attr". Would such newlines yield the empty output xml I was getting?
Xsl-strip space did not help. Finally, I had to write java code to strip the
newlines from the source xml and then I started getting output xml

Our xsl is like

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl = "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
version = "1.0">
<xsl:template match = "ABC">
<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;!DOCTYPE
<xsl:template mode = "Attribs" match = "ctrInfo">
	      <xsl:element name="ADDR">
		<xsl:value-of select="attribute/atomicValue[../name='ADDR']"/>

Please help...

- Vishwajit.