xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Damon Horrell <dhorr...@oktoborinteractive.com>
Subject Caching stylesheets (serializable?)
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 05:07:03 GMT
Hi,

org.apache.xalan.templates.StylesheetRoot says it implements the
Serializable interface.  Why then do I get the error:

Error (java.io.NotSerializableException):
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionNamespacesManager

when I try to write it to an ObjectOutputStream?  Is there a way to write
out just the part of it that is serializable?

What I am trying to do is cache my stylesheet once it has been parsed from
text into objects so that I can quickly load it when needed.  Can anyone
suggest a way to approach this?  I can't use XSLTC because I am using
several of the features that this doesn't support.

Thanks, Damon