xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Welch" <AWe...@piper-group.com>
Subject RE: Conditional assignment of tree frag to variable doesn't work.
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 17:23:20 GMT

Hi,

>From a quick look at this it looks as though you are trying to reassign a variable (NewVar3)
which of course in xslt isnt possible.  The processor should throw an error as the outer NewVar3
is in scope within the choose/when (I would have thought this is fixed??).  Once the choose/when
has finished the NewVar3 in scope is the outer one, so viewing its value with the xsl:copy-of
will always result in "Default Value".

Also, you are treating RTF's as node-sets so Im assuming you have already converted them using
the node-set() extension.

cheers
andrew

---