xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Welch" <AWe...@piper-group.com>
Subject RE: Xalan Relaxes Rules?
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 16:31:09 GMT

>I don't think any of these are deliberate relaxations.  You should report them as bugs
in bugzilla.

Well those are *really* basic errors so I would guess its more likely to be Xalan working
with Spy rathen than Xalan itself... You didnt say which version of Xalan or Spy you were
using, so I would suggest getting hold of the latest stable version of Xalan and trying trying
the transform outside of Spy.  Once that shows you the errors (as I'm sure it will), I would
check your Spy settings, it's most likely that the errors simply arent being passed through.

cheers
andrew

I don't think any of these are deliberate relaxations.  You should report them as bugs in
bugzilla.

-scott

"Shelli D. Orton" <shelli.orton@wmode.com> wrote on 05/06/2003 11:30:45 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to XSLT and am still trying to figure it out.  We've inherited a
> project that uses XSLT to create WML pages.  Of course there's no
> documentation on the different style sheets used.  So, I tried running the
> style sheets through XML Spy so I could get an understanding of what's
> happening.  When I use XML Spy's internal built in XSLT engine, it comes up
> with a number of problems (e.g. xsl:template the template has a mode param
> but not a match, xsl:choose requires an xsl:when child).  However, when I
> set XML Spy to use Xalan, none of these errors are reported.  Has anybody
> else run into something similar?  Does Xalan relax/not implement all the
> XSLT specification deliberately or is this a Xalan bug?
>
> Thanks,
> Shelli

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.