xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Moore, Gavin" <gavin.mo...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 15:30:47 GMT
Hi Christine,
Thanks for that.  I tried that yesterday, and it cleared up the original problem, but when
I  looked more closely, I still have the following error:

D:\xalan_2_5\xalan-j_2_5_0\samples\extensions>java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in 3-java-namespace.xml
-xsl 3-java-namespace.xsl

file:/D:/xalan_2_5/xalan-j_2_5_0/samples/extensions/3-java-namespace.xsl; Line 16; Column
-1; XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java/java/text/
SimpleDateFormat

Also, when I tried the other SVG example with the Maths methods that I sent yesterday, I still
get problems.  Do you know what this could be?

Thanks,
Gavin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christine Li [mailto:jycli@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: 13 May 2003 17:36
To: Moore, Gavin
Cc: xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override

You have to compile IntDate.java and add IntDate.class to your classpath.
It is in the same directory as xml and xsl files.

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

                      "Moore, Gavin"

                      <gavin.moore@iona        To:       <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override

                      05/13/2003 10:41

                      AM

Hi,
I'm trying to get some  extensions working with Xalan and JDK1.4, and it
isn't working for me.  I'm  using one of the samples, 3-java-namespace, and
I get the message  below:

D:\xalan_2_5\xalan-j_2_5_0\samples\extensions>java
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in 3-java-namespace.xml  -xsl  3-java-n
amespace.xsl

file:///D:/xalan_2_5/xalan-j_2_5_0/samples/extensions/3-java-namespace.xsl;
Line #18; Column #60; XSLT Error (javax.xml.
transform.TransformerException):  javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  IntDate

I looked up the error and found  that it should be solved by adding
xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar to  the "endorsed" directory in
the the lib directory of JAVA_HOME of the JRE.   Incidentally, I had to
create the endorsed directory.  After I added the  jar files, it appears to
be looking for the correct version of Xalan, as I  checked it
with org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck and got the file  attached,
which shows the before and after adding the files.  However, I  still get
the same error when I try to process the xml.  Does anyone have  any other
way to do this?  I've also tried the Xbootclasspath option  mentioned at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CB,  but with similar lack
of success.

Thanks,
Gavin.