xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Moore, Gavin" <gavin.mo...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 15:14:18 GMT
Hi Morris,
Thanks for getting back to me so fast.  That worked for that sample (I should have worked
that out myself!), however the original problem I was having was trying to process the attached
XSL (downloaded from IBM) into SVG.  It's just a simple pie chart example.  However, when
I try to process this, I get a similar error:

D:\MyJava\Development\XML\XML_to_SVG>java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in ibmpie.xml
-xsl ibmpie.xsl -out ibmpie.svg

file:/D:/MyJava/Development/XML/XML_to_SVG/ibmpie.xsl; Line 169; Column -1; XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: For extension function, could not find method java.lang.Double.toRadians([ExpressionContext,]
).

Is there a similar simple solution for this?

Thanks again,
Gavin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Morris Kwan [mailto:mkwan@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: 13 May 2003 15:52
To: Moore, Gavin
Cc: xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override

You need to compile IntDate.java  under the same directory and add this
directory to the CLASSPATH. You can just add it as "." if you run from this
dir.

> set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.
> javac IntDate.java

Morris Kwan
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-3729
Email: mkwan@ca.ibm.com

                      "Moore, Gavin"

                      <gavin.moore@iona        To:       <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override

                      13.05.2003 10:41

Hi,
I'm trying to get some  extensions working with Xalan and JDK1.4, and it
isn't working for me.  I'm  using one of the samples, 3-java-namespace, and
I get the message  below:

D:\xalan_2_5\xalan-j_2_5_0\samples\extensions>java
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in 3-java-namespace.xml  -xsl  3-java-n
amespace.xsl

file:///D:/xalan_2_5/xalan-j_2_5_0/samples/extensions/3-java-namespace.xsl;
Line #18; Column #60; XSLT Error (javax.xml.
transform.TransformerException):  javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  IntDate

I looked up the error and found  that it should be solved by adding
xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar to  the "endorsed" directory in
the the lib directory of JAVA_HOME of the JRE.   Incidentally, I had to
create the endorsed directory.  After I added the  jar files, it appears to
be looking for the correct version of Xalan, as I  checked it
with org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck and got the file  attached,
which shows the before and after adding the files.  However, I  still get
the same error when I try to process the xml.  Does anyone have  any other
way to do this?  I've also tried the Xbootclasspath option  mentioned at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CB,  but with similar lack
of success.

Thanks,
Gavin.

#### outFile.txt has been removed from this note on May 13 2003 by Morris
Kwan