xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Michael Duffy <duff...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem Running Xalan 2.5.0 Under JDK 1.4.1-01 On Windows 2000
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 13:15:45 GMT

When I try to run Xalan I get the following:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces
        at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM(DTMManagerDefault.java:269)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:630)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1088)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1066)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:865)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Google turned up a note that implied a problem with
Xalan under JDK 1.4 or higher, because it comes
bundled with an older version of Xalan.  It said there
was a workaround, but didn't say what it was.

I'm explicitly setting the CLASSPATH before I run and
adding only the Xalan and Xerces jars that I think I
need.

I looked in my JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory to make
sure I hadn't hoisted myself by putting an older
version there.

What's the workaround?  Thanks - MOD