xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From mk...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:39:21 GMT
A usage like <xsl:value-of select="@Code"/> is working correctly in our own
testcases. Without looking at the whole stylesheet and the input xml, we
don't know what the problem is. I'd suggest you to open a bug report and
attach your examples to the bug description.

As to the Exception you saw in JDK 1.4, it is because JDK 1.4 has an old
beta release of Xalan packaged in rt.jar. It will still use its own builtin
Xalan even if you have xalan.jar on your CLASSPATH. You can use Sun's
Endorsed Mechanism
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/standards/index.html) to overwrite
the default behavior.

Morris Kwan
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-3729
Email: mkwan@ca.ibm.com

                      "Anton Straka"

                      <anton_straka@abil        To:       <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>

                      itydev.com>               cc:

                                                Subject:  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

                      10/11/2002 03:44           org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces

                      AM

Hi

yesterday I post problem with value-of evaluation
(sunject 2_2_D6 -> 2_4_0 xsl migration problem)

Now I found source of the problem

If I'm using 1.3.1 Java The processing is going OK., but the <xsl:value-of
select="@Code"/> is not evaluated. I must change it to <xsl:value-of select
="string(@Code)"/> to ensure proper behaviour.

when I'm using 1.4.0 java
I get the exception first. but the processing id going on and the
<xsl:value-of select="@Code"/> is evaluated properly
exception:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces
 at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM(DTMManagerDefault.java:269)
 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:630)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1088)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1066)

 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:865)
can somecody explain me what is the problem with 1.3.1 Java. ?

thanks a lot

here are my classpath settings :
set XALAN_ROOT=c:\lib\xalan-j_2_4_0
set CLASSPATH=
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%XALAN_ROOT%\lib
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%XALAN_ROOT%\bin\xalan.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%XALAN_ROOT%\bin\xerces.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%XALAN_ROOT%\bin\bsf.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%XALAN_ROOT%\bin\js.jar