xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Kesselman <kesh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: How to throw custom defined exceptions, warnings from xsl page?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 13:36:24 GMT
I took a quick look, and the TransformerException thrown by
        <xsl:message terminate="yes"> Error X has occurred </xsl:message>
could be made to include the text of the user-supplied message; that's a
fairly simple change to ElemMessage.java (and possibly to the error
resources, to do this "the right way" via variable substitution in the
message rather than by simple string concatenation).

Can anyone think of a reason _not_ to make that change, outside of the
fact that it may require we update a testcase and might require that some
internationalization files be updated before they see the additional text?

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research