xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From mk...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Problem with command line utility and "-URIRESOLVER" option
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:22:34 GMT
Looks like you are using JDK 1.4, because you can run the command without
adding xalan.jar to the CLASSPATH. JDK 1.4 is actually using its own
builtin Xalan (packaged in rt.jar) to run the transformation. The builtin
Xalan is on JDK's bootclasspath. If you also add resolver.jar to the
bootclasspath, it will work.

java -Xbootclasspath/a:resolver.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process ....

If you want to use a newer Xalan version, please refer to Sun's endorsed
mechanism on how to do that
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/standards/).

Morris Kwan
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-3729
Email: mkwan@ca.ibm.com

                      "paul morgan"

                      <pmorg@lycos.com>        To:       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      10/11/2002 04:31         Subject:  Problem with command line utility
and "-URIRESOLVER" option
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      pmorg

I have a sneaky suspicion I'm being truly braindead, but I can't seem to
get Xalan-J(from the command line) to find my URI resolver.

I've written a little java class, "TestResolver", that implements
"javax.xml.transform.URIResolver", compiled it, and jar'ed it up into
"resolver.jar".  After cd'ing into the directory where everything is
located, I entered:

    java -cp resolver.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process \
       -IN Test1.xml  -XSL Test.xsl  -OUT result.xml    \
       -URIRESOLVER TestResolver

and got:

    Class file not found for option -URIResolver

I looked through the archive and didn't come across anything helpful ...
so, any thoughts on where I'm going wrong would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com