xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Kesselman <kesh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: extensions: creating nodes for return from custom extension elements
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:28:59 GMT
Create the nodes using your favorite DOM implementation and pass those
back. Xalan should recognize that they implement org.w3c.dom.Node and do
the right things with them. They don't have to be in the same document;
we're going to extract the data from them and rebuild it into the output
document anyway.

There's an outstanding enhancement suggestion that it might be nice to be
able to do something similar with SAX, but we haven't had time to look at
it.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research