xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Kesselman <kesh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XPath to generate XML
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:29:50 GMT
>I am thinking along the lines of generating a skeleton DOM using the path

Interesting concept. It's basically similar to the tools which
automatically create needed subdirectories when you give them the full
path of a file you want to write out. Looks like it could be done and
might indeed be useful, at least for some subset of XPath.

My largest concern would be that the same XPath expression might have
different effects depending on how much of the document already exists
from previous calls to this tool... but arguably that's no different from
any other programming problem.

I don't know how much of Xalan could be reused in this project. My first
guess is that all you could really pick up would be the XPath parser and
some of the utility classes.... but I may be wrong.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research