xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From mk...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Bug in implementation of exslt math:max??
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:52:10 GMT
There is a major change in the extensions after the 2.4.0 release. Your
example should now correctly with the latest Xalan CVS.

Morris Kwan
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-3729
Email: mkwan@ca.ibm.com

                      malcolm cooke

                      <malcolm.cooke@firstlightassoci        To:       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org

                      ates.co.uk>                            cc:

                                                             Subject:  Bug in implementation
of exslt math:max??
                      10/04/2002 06:32 AM

Hi,

We've encountered a problem trying to use the math:max extension function
which looks as if it may be a bug, but it could always be us missing
something obvious.... our observations can be found at the end of the
message.

Our test.xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<values>
<value>0</value>
<value>-1</value>
</values>

Our tester.xsl file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
                               xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
                               xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
                               xmlns:exmath="http://exslt.org/math"
                               xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan"
                               xmlns:redirect="
http://org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect"
                               extension-element-prefixes="xalan exmath
redirect"

<xsl:template match="values">
    <xsl:message> about to do max </xsl:message>
             <xsl:value-of select="exmath:max(value)"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Our results :
run-xalan test.xml tester.xsl dummy.xml

Running the XSL Processor, xalan, with the following specifications:
    - XML File: test.xml
    - XSL File: tester.xsl
    - Output File: dummy.xml
file:///I:/FLA/testarea/tester.xsl; Line #11; Column #17;  about to do max

(Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerException)
: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Node must be non-null for
getDTMHandleFrom
Node
Our observations:
This error seems to only occur if the maximum value is not > 0.

Comments, suggestions about where we may be making wrong assumptions etc
would be very helpful.

Thanks

Malcolm Cooke
http://www.firstlightassociates.co.uk