xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Prakash Sridharan <PSRIDHA...@selectica.com>
Subject RE: How to throw custom defined exceptions, warnings from xsl pag e?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 08:04:03 GMT
Hi Simon,

I am giving a scenario in which I want to throw custom defined exceptions.

The input xml looks like this,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<person>
	<name>P</name>
	<age>12</age>
	<sex>m</sex>
</person>

I am validating the data in the above xml using xsl.
Some of the validations are,
1.  Age should be greater than 18
2.  sex should be "m" or "f"

If the above conditions are not met, I want to throw some exceptions or
warnings
from the xsl.  After rendering, I shoud be able to access all the exceptions
and
warnings from my java program where I am calling this xsl transformation.

The xsl looks like this,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>