xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Tevoi Andrea" <te...@cad.it>
Subject namespace dynamic creation
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:10:37 GMT
Hi,

in my Xsl i'd like to do something like this:

<xsl:attribute name="xmlns:myprefix"><xsl:value-of select="any XPath expression"/></xsl:attribute>

but for Xsl this is an error (because attribute name begin with "xmlns").

How can i do? I mean: i would create a namespace dynamically using an XPath expression, because
I need to create (by xsl transformation) a Schema like this:

<xsd:schema targetNamespace="my dynamic namespace" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:myprefix="my dynamic namespace">...

I've tried a solution creating a dummy attribute:

<xsl:attribute name="myprefix:dummy" namespace="{$myDynamicNamespace}"/>

This solution works fine with Microsoft Xsl Parser, but doesn't with Xalan (i use version
2.4).

Xalan creates the attribute, but not the namespace declaration.
Please help me.

thanks for your attention,

Andrea Tevoi