xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Anand T" <anan...@hotmail.com>
Subject configuring for xalan
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:14:06 GMT
HI All,
I am trying to configure xalan to use with Tomcat 3.2.3.
I downloaded xalan-j_2_2_D10 and added xalan.jar, xerces.jar
xalanservlet.jar and xalansamples.jar to the class path in tomcat.bat
Thats pretty much i have done.

When i am trying to run a sample transform jsp i am getting the following
error. I appreciate if anyone could point me to figure the problem.

<%@ page import="java.util.*, java.io.*,java.net.URL"  isErrorPage="false"
<%@ page import="javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory"%>
<%@ page import="javax.xml.transform.Transformer"  %>
<%@ page import="javax.xml.transform.Source"  %>
<%@ page import="javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource"  %>
<%@ page import="javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult"  %>

     // Get the XML input document and the stylesheet.
     Source xmlSource = new StreamSource(new
     Source xslSource = new StreamSource(new
     // Generate the transformer.
     Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xslSource);
     // Perform the transformation, sending the output to the response.
     transformer.transform(xmlSource, new StreamResult(out));
   catch (Exception e)
    // e.printStackTrace(out);

Out put in the browser...:
Namespace not supported by SAXParser

My todo.xsl starts like this
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:variable name="title" select="concat(todo/@project, ' ',
<xsl:template match="/">

What is it complaining about and why is it using SAX parser???