xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Bjoern Martin <mabj0...@fh-karlsruhe.de>
Subject Reader buggy for transformation? (Was: Re: Force encoding of result doc)
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:50:49 GMT
I think I got it (at least it works now for me). I used readers and
writers in my project. Now I switched to streams for testing - and it
works ?!?
After this strange experience I wrote a very slim sample program. It
first uses java.io.FileReader and java.io.FileWriter to read/write the
data and then - in a second run - uses java.io.FileInputStream and
java.io.FileOutputStream to do the same job. The input files are
in.xml and style.xsl, the output files are out1.xml (for
reader/writer) and out2.xml (for streams). It's all documented in the
source.
On my computer out1.xml has the error with the 'รค' char within a UTF-8
doc (which is not possible for UTF-8), out2.xml works out ok.

Q: Can you reproduce this problem on your machine? If so, I'll submit
a bug report.

Regards.

--
Bjoern Martin                                bjoern.martin@gmx.net