xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Raber Chris <cpra...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to turn of validation and resolution of DTD entities?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:14:24 GMT
I have a need to turn off resolution of DTD entities
when not connected to a network. Also I am thinking
that hitting http://www.w3.org/ every time we bump
into a DTD reference is a lot of overhead anyway. =:-o

Based on a bit of Googling, it appears that
implementing an EntityResolver that redirects remote
TCP/IP destinations to a local cache is the ticket. If
there is another/easier way, please advise.

Currently I am using StreamSource and StreamResult as
arguments to Transformer.transform, which is most
convenient. I'd like to avoid hooking together an
underlying parser, etc., if possible. I've really
appreciated the simplcity of using the higher level
Trax apis, and would like to stay there if I can.
Simple good...

Is there a way to hook in my own
org.xml.sax.EntityResolver via a property, or must I
instantiate my own underlying SAX/DOM handlers... and
explictly call setEntityResolver an the XMLReaders?

If the latter, can someone provide basic instructions
on how to string this together? Is the SAX2SAX example
a good place to start?

And does anyone have an example EntityResolver they
would be willing to share?

TIA,

-Chris.

PS: It would be real cool if it were possible to hook
this via property settings...