xml-xalan-dev mailing list archives

From "Lukas Zapletal" <lukas.zaple...@gmail.com>
Subject Xalan generates invalid output (simple test included)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:04:37 GMT
Hello,

I need a help with finding out why Xalan-C++ generates invalid XML
output. Xalan-J works ok so it seems this is a bug in Xalan-C++.
The XML file generated with the transformation is not valid:

Before:

<map xmlns:ditaarch="http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/"
title="MakeDoc's example demo/BE"
ditaarch:DITAArchVersion="1.1"
domains="(map mapgroup-d) (topic indexing-d)"
class="- map/map "
xtrf="c:\Pike\dita_problem\trialBE\dita\trialProjects.ditamap"
xtrc="map:1">

After the transformation:

<map title="MakeDoc's example demo/BE"
ditaarch:DITAArchVersion="1.1"
domains="(map mapgroup-d) (topic indexing-d)"
class="- map/map "
xtrf="c:\Pike\dita_problem\trialBE\dita\trialProjects.ditamap"
xtrc="map:1"

The xmlns definition is omitted and this is the problem because it is
used (ditaarch:DITAArchVersion). The error is:

Fatal Error.Occurred at file trialProjects_MERGED.xml, line 1, column
250. The prefix 'ditaarch' has not been mapped to any URI
SAXParseException: The prefix 'ditaarch' has not been mapped to any
URI (trialProjects_MERGED.xml, line 1, column 250)

I have uploaded the small test over here:

http://static.zapletalovi.com/temp/stress_test_xalan-dita.7z

After unpacking the 106 kB file with 7-ZIP see these files:

run_xalanc.bat: generates trialProjects_MERGED_C.xml that is not
VALID. The batch requires to have xalan/xalan.exe in the PATH, you can
edit it and provide full path for the binary.

run_xalanj.bat: the same but in Java, generates VALID
trialProjects_MERGED_J.xml. Edit it before executing and change the
PATH for xalan.jar.

I am including trialProjects_pdf.log logfile also with the error
message above. I am not sure to fill a bugreport and it seems the
bugzilla is currently down.

Please contact me if you need further help, thank you.

Lukas

--
Lukas Zapletal
http://lukas.zapletalovi.com